We are shaped by where we have been.
The First Baptist Church of China Spring was organized on March 13, 1887,
with J.L. Walker, the county missionary, presiding. It was received in
the Waco Baptist Association in September of the same year with J.F. Boynton as
its first pastor.
A house of worship was not built
until 1904. The first church building was erected at a cost of $3,000 and
this building was used until 1949. The present facilities were built in
1950 with an education building being built in 1966. The worship center
was expanded to its present size in 1972.
The First Baptist Church of China
Spring is a Southern Baptist Church participating in SBC, Baptist General
Convention of Texas, and Waco Regional Baptist Association entities.
While participating in these entities we are still an autonomous church
meaning we govern ourselves, minister and give as we are led by the Holy